February 3, 2016 at 11:16 pm #3978adminKeymaster
- Topics Started: 10
- Replies Written: 0
- Total Posts: 10
Are you a descendant of the son of Frank Brown (Cable), Francis H. Cable who was born in January 1881 in Peckham, Surrey? Frank’s son and grandsons
- Francis H. Cable was the son of the marriage between Francis Cable and Catherine Feltham.
- On June 7th 1905, Francis H. Cable married Alice Louisa Smith at St. Peter’s Church, West Hackney, London.
- In 1911 he is recorded on the Census as living at 19 Park Lane, Clissold Park North at the house of Nevill Herbert Smith, likely to be his father-in-law.
- On that Census it is recorded that Francis H. Cable has two sons; Frank Nevill Cable and Harris Cable, born around 1906 and 1908 respectively. These two boys are the grandchildren of Frank Cable/Brown.
Are you descended from Frank Nevill Cable or Harris Cable?
- I believe Frank Nevill Cable married Mabel Edith Osmond, who was born on 2nd February 1909 in Hartley Wintney or Fleet, both in Hampshire and around 3 miles apart. Her father was Henry Walter Osmond her mother’s name was Emma.
- And it appears that Frank Nevill Cable lived to a good age, dying only 13 years ago in January 2003 in Worthing, West Sussex at the age of 96 years.
- This man was Francis Cable’s (Frank Brown) grandson – are you his son or daughter or grandchild?
If so, we would love to hear from you to find out what you know of your Cable antecedents. It would be great to see any photographs you have of those named in our own story of the Cable family.
- This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by admin.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.